Monday, August 15, 2011

My Quest for the Perfect Conditioner

Hey Curly Nation!

It's ya girl MusiQ! As I sit here typing about my quest for the perfect conditioner, what am I doing? Deep Conditioning. LOL! I am trying out this new conditioner (new to me anyway) that I found on Vitacost's website to see if it could possibly be one of my staples. I don't necessarily need a whole list of "go to" conditioners, but if I can find that one that leaves my hair soft and pliable while also leaving it moisturized, that's all I need. Fortunately for me, I have acquired several other conditioners to try through product swaps, free samples, and a giveaway; so I am looking forward to experimenting and writing some reviews for all of you afrocurly chicks and naturalistas out there on the same quest as I. I'm about to go wash this conditioner out in a few, but before I go, let me give you the categories that will be the determinants of whether or not I have found my staple conditioner:

Slip
If a conditioner has good enough slip that you can detangle with it in the shower, that would be a definite plus.
Multipurpose Use
The conditioners ability to double as both a daily conditioner and a deep conditioner is key for me.
Responds With or Without Using Heat
I use heat during deep conditioning sessions when I'm tired or in a hurry to finish, but I mainly prefer to deep condition without the use of a hooded dryer. This is why a conditioner that responds well with or without the use of heat is important to me.
Price
I don't know about you ladies, but I don't want to be spending an arm and a leg on products. Don't get me wrong. I like buying products just as much as the next girl, but I just believe that you can find great products that do the job but won't break the bank.
Although all of these characteristics would be preferred, I know that some conditioners have a tendency to excel in certain categories and fall short in others. This will definitely be an interesting adventure and experiment to say the least. So, what do you think, Curly Nation? Will I ever find the one conditioner that is the perfect conditioner for me or are my standards just way to high? Let a sista know! Til next time Curly Nation!


Live Free! Live Natural!



~MusiQ


No comments:

Post a Comment