Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just Let Your Soul Glow!! Just Let it Shine!: My Moisturizing Regimen

Hey Curly Nation!

It's ya girl MusiQ! As I look back on the years when I had a jheri curl *shudder*, one thing I remember was how moisturized and shiney (too shiney rather) my hair looked. To understand just how shiney my hair was back then all one would need to do is watch the infamous Soul Glow commercial on the movie Coming to America. Yep, it really was that shiney. lol! After I went natural, however, I found myself on the opposite side of the moisture scale, and it was no picnic. TRUST ME ON THAT! I tried using oil alone, and that did not work. Then, I learned that using water or a water-based product and sealing with oil was a the key to moisturizing success. I did this for a while, but for some reason I just wasn't getting the optimal results that I needed to get my hair properly moisturized. It wasn't until I saw a video on Youtube by Blakizbeautyful (Click here to see her video) several months ago that I was inspired to create my own variation of a moisturizing regimen that works for me. Believe it or not, my moisturizing regimen is very simple and can be summed up in this very simple equation:

        WATER OR WATER-BASED MOISTURIZER
              +          
OIL (SEALANT)
    +
        CREAM-BASED MOISTURIZER
         ____________________________________________
         OPTIMUM MOISTURE


My application of this equation starts with the Shea Moisture Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist (water or water-based moisturizer). Then, I seal in the moisture with extra virgin olive oil. And finally, I add the Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque (cream-based moisturizer) on top and style as I wish. The result....AMAZING!! My hair is left feeling so soft and moisturized that I don't have to reapply for at least a couple of days. Plus, the combination works great for twist outs. It works wonders for my hair, and I hope that if any of you are still looking for your regimen that maybe this will work for you. I know how tough it is to maintain moisture in your hair, and I also know that what works for one does not always work for another. Of course, there's nothing to it but to do it, so get to experimenting and feel free to try my moisturizing regimen or check out Blakizbeautyful's amazing moisturizing regimen video. Who knows. Maybe you'll come up with your own variation as well. *wink* Until next time, Curly Nation!


Live Free! Live Natural!




~MusiQ



No comments:

Post a Comment